SoftBase Announces General Availability for Batch Healthcare Release 3.3.1
Latest release of DB2 optimization utility enhances user productivity; adds additional features to further improve application efficiency while expanding platform support
Asheville, N.C. — August 16, 2016 — SoftBase, a leading global provider of DB2 z/OS tools that optimize DB2 utilization, today announced the General Availability of its Batch Healthcare solution, version 3.3.1 (BHC331).
This latest release adds features for both the Attach Facility and DeadLock Advisor components of Batch Healthcare that improve user productivity and expand the tools’ existing capabilities. The new version also provides support for all current versions of DB2 up to and including v11NFM and supports DB2 v11 expanded RBA and LRNS. Read the full list of enhancements below:
- Attach Facility MRF Feature enhancements
- New MRFPKG() parameter provides additional options for binding MRF DB2 Collections, allowing users the ability to share the MRF packages under a single collection ID.
- MRF support for EBCDIC and UNICODE Package Encoding, which provides MRF with the ability to search the DB2 Catalog for application packages, regardless of the DB2 subsystem encoding scheme.
- More comprehensive messaging, making it easier for users to quickly identify and resolve MRF related issues.
- Deadlock Advisor now dynamically adds the DLA sub-system after each IPL which:
- Precludes the requirement for operations issue SETSSI MVS commands.
- Provides an alternative to those sites that do not want to update their IEFSSNxx member of PARMLIB.
- Support for all current versions of DB2 up to and including DB2 v11NFM
- Support for DB2 v11 expanded RBA and LRSN
“Batch Healthcare new capabilities were requested by existing or prospective customers,” said product development manager Jim Spires. “Our development is driven by customer requests, as well as market relevant features such as MRF. Being sensitive to both our customers’ specific needs and the continuously changing needs of the DB2 z/OS community gives us the competitive edge to create software with unique capabilities that you won’t find anywhere else.”
About Batch Healthcare
Batch Healthcare provides a far more cost-effective and reliable solution to shorten your batch run times than purchasing expensive CPU upgrades. The Batch Healthcare Solution consists of 4 features:
- Batch Analyzer Facility™ allows companies to quickly diagnose and treat a wide variety of health problems that eat up excessive CPU cycles and contribute to production job failures and expensive CPU upgrades.
- In the event a production DB2 job fails, Checkpoint Facility™ will allow you to checkpoint, restart and complete these jobs as quickly as possible.
- Attach Facility™ enhances the batch DB2® environment by eliminating the use of TSO and by providing many features that enhance the batch DB2 environment, making it a valuable addition to the application developer’s toolkit. Attach Facility’s Patent-Pending MRF feature enables applications to take advantage of multi-row FETCH without source code changes.
- DeadLock Advisor™ identifies the source of deadlock timeouts and resource unavailable conditions and presents that information in the offending and offended batch job’s log.
Headquartered in Asheville, N.C., SoftBase, a division of Fresche Legacy, has provided industry-leading DB2 application testing and performance-tuning solutions for 25 years. With a combination of proven testing and performance-tuning tools and unrivaled customer support, SoftBase creates a better DB2 experience for application developers and DB2 administrators, enabling faster and easier creation of reliable, high quality DB2 applications. For more information, call 1-800-669-7076 or visit www.softbase.com.
Follow SoftBase on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/softbase-llc