Restart and Complete Batch Jobs Fast!
SoftBase's Checkpoint Facility™, part of SoftBase's Batch Healthcare Solution, can help you quickly restart and complete batch DB2 jobs automatically. Checkpoint Facility provides a checkpoint/restart for batch DB2 and non-DB2 applications.
With Checkpoint Facility, you will:
- Eliminate the risk of excessive rollbacks for batch DB2 jobs
- Enhance DB2 application performance by freeing resources via COMMITs
- Improve application reliability by ensuring batch job completion
- Use mainframe resources more efficiently
- Automatically inserts COMMITs and CHECKPOINTs into DB2 batch jobs, in some cases without even editing the application
- Restarts DB2 batch jobs at the last CHECKPOINT prior to the point of failure
- Restores your working storage area
- Reopens and repositions your QSAM and VSAM files, and completes any remaining application processing
- Allows users to effectively pause and restart batch jobs for scheduled outages or free up resources for more critical batch DB2 jobs
- Provides a Variable Checkpoint Frequency option that controls the frequency of COMMITs and CHECKPOINTs