TestBase 5.2 further improves test data management with Enterprise COBOL optimization, improved data privacy features, and DB2v11 support.
TestBase helps DB2 shops test new database applications faster and with fewer resources, reducing both time to market and overall development costs. The newest version, 5.2, includes several features that enable faster extraction and manipulation of test data by through Enterprise COBOL optimization, in addition to performance enhancements inherent in DB2v11. Enhanced data management features enable users to extract a subset from an existing subset, in addition to being able to mask data by replacing the target data with data from a different source.
New features in TestBase 5.2 include:
- Pre-Compiled with DB2V11 and DB2V10
- V5.1 with highest level of optimization which seems to yield about a 10% performance enhancement resulting in faster file extracts, data masking and load
- TestBase Privatize and Populate option now provides the ability to extract from an existing subset of slice data
- TestBase Mandatory Masking (Data Privacy) now allows users to replace the object being masked with a different source (table, view, TestBase view, etc.)
- TestBase Slice – Lock table process allows for the removal of statements from a source library
- Some TestBase install tables add keyword VOLATILE to protect against inadvertent RUNSTATs
- TestBase file compare – Option added to eliminate tables that match from the report
Click here to view the full release summary.